Belbin Team Roles is an interactive half or full day course ideal for professionals who are looking to understand and implement the theory within the workplace. This workshop will enable you to improve team effectiveness in making strategic or important tactical decisions. You will learn how to make better quality decisions while reducing the number of people and time involved in the decision making process.
During the workshop participants will be engaged in discussions and exercises to demonstrate how the Belbin team diagnostics can be used to bring about immediate and enduring improvements in the performance of teams.
What is a Team Role?
“A tendency to behave, contribute and interrelate with others in a particular way.”
Dr. Meredith Belbin
- Understanding of Belbin team role theory and how it affects your business today.
- Individual 360 degree behavioral profiling, showing the current relationship your employees have with each other right now.
- In depth practical activity to allow the natural interaction of your team in a safe environment.
- Analysis and implementation of Belbin team roles to give the team tangible results and increase individual and team effectiveness immediately.
- Instant increase in mutual trust and understanding
What will you learn?
- What makes an effective team?
- What is a Hierarchical Group?
- How does a Hierarchical Group compare with a Team and what are the vital differences?
- How do you review the effectiveness of a team and establish its strengths and weaknesses?
- How do Belbin team diagnostic reports help you identify what you can best contribute to the success of teams?
- What are the different types of conflicts that exist within teams and how do you prevent them hindering the performance of teams?
- How do you build mutually productive working relationships?
- How do concurrent teams improve efficiency?
- How do you get the best outcomes from teams and minimise the risk of making damaging strategic decisions?
Participants will receive:
- Belbin Individual Report including Individual
- Self perception analysis and report
- 360 observer perception analysis and report
- Job comparison report
- Work Style report
- Maximising your potential report
- Feedback and suggestions report
- Job Suitability report
- Belbin Team Report
- Overview of team composition report analysis
- Team contribution analysis
- Individual contributor with the team analysis
Who should attend:
- Anyone who works with teams and wants to take their team development skills to the next level
- Anyone interested in personal and team profiling
Dr. Belbin’s research has become the world’s leading team role model and for 30 years has been helping organizations improve performance. His system provides practical tools for understanding how different “styles” can combine effectively to grow global teams. Originally a paper self score instrument – the Belbin system is now a powerful software with many different 360 individual, team and job reports which require self-perception as well as observer data.
Locations: This game can be tailored to take place in any indoor location around Singapore such as Clarke Quay, Gardens by the Bay, RWS & Sentosa, Sembawang Country Club, Marina Bay and even Marina Bay Sands.